Thursday, June 27, 2013

WHO'S YOUR TEST KITCHEN?

The February 2013 Pew Study infamously ignored the Asian American population in its study of Multicultural social media usage. For the few of us who study multicultural social media, the reaction was a resounding WTF!!!

But it was kind of an understanding WTF. Kind of like the WTF you might exclaim upon finding your wife in bed with Brad Pitt (I guess I should interject here and say that Brad and I are the same age, and I wasn't trying to make an ill...gross! reference).

The point is, I understand all the hype behind the Hispanic audience.  But please don't sleep on the Asian American population.  Statistically, it is the fastest growing audience.  It is the most affluent audience.  And they over index for adopting new technologies.

So here's what,  in my humble strategic opinion, if you are trying out a new social media platform, it is probably best to target the Asian American audience.  This audience will give you strong data as to why or why not they are adopting this platform.

I could go on, but the point of this post is to let you know what audience you need to target if you are looking to to get quick data on the potential of your social media platform.

And I think you have all you need to know...and fade to black.


No comments:

Post a Comment